In this program, three different TED Talks are screened every week. Each screening is hosted by a volunteer and followed by a facilitated discussion in the style of a philosopher’s café.
Room: Piano Room
Please register at 604-669-5051. This program is by donation.
• Three ideas. Three contradictions. Or not. (Hannah Gadsby)
• Is life really that complex? (Hannah Fry)
• My quest to defy gravity and fly (Elizabeth Streb)
• How we`re teaching computers to understand pictures (Fei-Fei Li)
• Machine intelligence makes human morals more important (Zeynep Tufekci)
• Sloths! The strange life of the world`s slowest mammal (Lucy Cooke)
• The anti-CEO playbook (Hamdi Ulukaya)
• A healthy economy should be designed to thrive, not grow (Kate Raworth)
• The beauty of being a misfit (Lidia Yuknavitch)
• Why we ignore obvious problems – and how to act on them (Michele Wucker)
• The next global agricultural revolution (Bruce Friedrich)
• Helping others make us happier – but it matters how we do it (Elizabeth Dunn)
• Are you human? (Ze Frank)