This service is for older adults experiencing difficulty coping with life stressors (e.g., retirement, health changes, isolation, loss, etc.). Older adult volunteers are well trained to support your concerns.
You may be eligible if you are:
- 55 years of age or older
- Currently living in the West End, Coal Harbour or Yaletown neighbourhood of Vancouver
What We Do
- Offer confidential emotional support to improve the well-being of older adults.
- Provide information and access to community resources.
- Volunteers are supervised by a staff member and follow ethical guidelines.
What We Don’t Do
- We do not offer professional counseling or health services.
- Volunteers do not provide household cleaning, medication assistance, or any additional support services.
If you believe you or someone you know could benefit from this service, please contact Alan Stamp (Manager of Support and Information Services) at our Kay’s Place location at 604-669-7339 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a confidential appointment.
This service is funded by Vancouver Coastal Health and is recognized as a “Good Practice for Improving Seniors Mental Health in Canada” by the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
Last Updated: 26-Oct-2020