This service is for older adults experiencing difficulty coping with life stressors (e.g., retirement, health changes, isolation, loss, etc.). Older adult volunteers are well-trained to support your concerns.
You may be eligible if you are:
- 55 years of age or older
- Currently living in the West End, Coal Harbour, or Yaletown neighborhood of Vancouver
What We Do
- Offer confidential emotional support to improve the well-being of older adults.
- Provide information and access to community resources.
- Volunteers are supervised by a staff member and follow ethical guidelines.
What We Don’t Do
- We do not offer professional counseling or health services.
- Volunteers do not provide household cleaning, medication assistance, or any additional support services.
Please contact Kay’s Place at (604) 669-7339 or at [email protected] if you have any questions or need assistance applying for our Peer Support services.