Better at Home is designed to help older adults living in the West End of Vancouver with simple, non-medical day-to-day tasks so that they can continue to live as independently as possible in their own homes.
Better at Home is funded by the Government of B.C. and managed by the United Way of the Lower Mainland.
You may be eligible if you are an adult 55 years of age or older living in the West End and need assistance to complete day-to-day tasks safely and effectively.
What Services does Better At Home Provide?
- Trained volunteer drivers provide older adults with transportation to and from medical and other critical appointments.
- This service is provided by donation, and clients are responsible for any parking fees.
- This service is delivered by professionals and can include laundry, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the bathroom, etc.
- Offered on a sliding scale determined by your annual household income (Line 150 on Canada Revenue Agency income tax assessments).
|Fee Category||Annual Income (Single)||Annual Income (Household)||Subsidy Level||Hourly Rate|
|A||Below $17,350||Below $26,450||100%||$0.00|
|B||$17,350 – $24,500||$26,451 – $37,100||70%||$7.05|
|C1||$24,501 – $31,300||$37,101 – $54,300||50%||$11.75|
|C2||$31,301 – $38,400||$54,301 – $72,000||30%||$16.45|
|D||Over $38,400||Over $72,000||0%||$23.50|
- Up to four hours of service is provided at a subsidized rate every four weeks. Additional hours of service can be purchased at the full rate.
- Clients are invoiced monthly by the West End Seniors’ Network.
- Please note that there is currently a waitlist for subsidized light housekeeping services.
All fees and donations collected for Better at Home services help ensure we can offer a sustainable program which serves as many clients as possible in the West End.
For more information, please contact Ming Chen (Better at Home Program Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-669-5051.
To download a client registration form, please click here.
Last Updated: 29-Nov-2017