LinkAGE is a social prescribing service for older adults.
What Is Social Prescribing?
Social prescribing is an approach to offering non-medical support that enables health care professionals to refer older adults to local community-based programs and services that address their holistic needs.
How It Works
- A health care professional identifies that an older adult would benefit from non-medical community-based programs or services.
- The health care professional refers the older adult to LinkAGE.
- The LinkAGE Social Prescribing Navigator receives this referral and helps the older adult to access appropriate local programs and services to support their health and wellness (e.g., social or recreational programs, supports for aging in place in the community, mental health or nutrition services, etc.)
You may be eligible if you are:
- 55 years of age or older
- Currently living in the West End, Coal Harbour or Yaletown neighbourhood of Vancouver
- Referred by your health care professional
For more information, please contact Emily Lonsdale (LinkAGE Social Prescribing Navigator) at our Barclay Manor location at email@example.com or 604-669-5051 x7. We also encourage you to discuss this service with your health care professional, and Emily would be happy to connect with them as well.
This service is offered in collaboration with the Vancouver Division of Family Practice, Vancouver Coastal Health Three Bridges Community Health Centre and City Centre Urgent Primary Care Centre, local medical clinics, and other local community programs and services for older adults.
This service is funded by the Government of B.C. and managed by the United Way of the Lower Mainland.
Last Updated: 20-Jan-2021