We are currently not taking any new Peer Support clients, but you are welcome to apply. You will be contacted in the future.
This service is for older adults experiencing difficulty coping with life stressors (e.g., retirement, health changes, isolation, loss, etc.). Older adult volunteers are well-trained to support your concerns.
You may be eligible if you are:
- 55 years of age or older
- Currently living in the West End, Coal Harbour, or Yaletown neighborhood of Vancouver
What We Do
- Offer confidential emotional support to improve the well-being of older adults.
- Provide information and access to community resources.
- Volunteers are supervised by a staff member and follow ethical guidelines.
What We Don’t Do
- We do not offer professional counseling or health services.
- Volunteers do not provide household cleaning, medication assistance, or any additional support services.
Please contact Kay’s Place at (604) 669-7339 or at [email protected] if you have any questions or need assistance applying for our Peer Support services.