This service is for older adults experiencing difficulty coping with life stressors (e.g., retirement, health changes, isolation, loss, etc.). Older adult volunteers are well trained to support your concerns.
We are not accepting applications to our Peer Support program at this time.
You may be eligible if you are:
- 55 years of age or older
- Currently living in the West End, Coal Harbour, or Yaletown neighborhood of Vancouver
What We Do
- Offer confidential emotional support to improve the well-being of older adults.
- Provide information and access to community resources.
- Volunteers are supervised by a staff member and follow ethical guidelines.
What We Don’t Do
- We do not offer professional counseling or health services.
- Volunteers do not provide household cleaning, medication assistance, or any additional support services.