This service provides older adults with information on housing options and support with finding and maintaining appropriate housing.
You may be eligible if you are:
- 55 years of age or older
- Currently living in the West End, Coal Harbour or Yaletown neighbourhood of Vancouver
What We Do
We can assist you with:
- Subsidized rental housing
- BC Housing
- Shelter Aid For Elderly Renters (SAFER)
- Vancouver Rent Bank
- Support with landlord and property manager concerns
- City of Vancouver Home Owner Grants and Property Tax Deferment
- Home Adaptations For Independence (HAFI)
- Independent living
- Assisted living
- Residential care
NOTE: We are not a housing provider.
If you believe you or someone you know could benefit from this service, please contact Susan Paré (Manager of Support and Information Services) at our Kay’s Place location at 604-669-7339 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
This service is funded by the City of Vancouver, Vancity and the McGrane-Pearson Endowment Fund. This service is also part of the Seniors Housing Information and Navigation Ease (SHINE) program through the Seniors Services Society of BC.
For information on other work WESN has done around housing issues and older adults, please visit the Housing section of our At Work page.
Last Updated: 29-Dec-2020