There are five Windows PC computers with Internet access and a printer-copier-scanner (fees apply) for members to use. First-come, first-served, but time limits apply if people are waiting. Write your name and arrival time on the Computer Lab whiteboard. Masks are mandatory.
If you require assistance with printing or copying, please book an appointment with a Technology Coach.
Printing/copying fees: $0.10/page for black and white or $0.25/page for colour (colour prints can only be done from the staff printer – email files to [email protected]). Different fees apply for other paper sizes.
Computer Lab Rules
- Computer Lab use is by drop-in.
- If someone is waiting to use a computer and they are all being used, there is a 30 minute time limit for the individual who has been on a computer the longest or for whoever is almost done with a computer.
- A computer may be reserved for a Technology Assistance appointment. A sign will be posted at the station if this is the case.
- Technology Coaches have priority for using the table and chairs to run their appointments.
- Do not eat or drink while sitting at a computer.
- No disruptive behaviour or loud conversations.
- Headphones must be used when listening to music or videos.
- No accessing of obscene or lewd images or videos.
- Pay for printing and copying (a Printing Fees box is by the printer).
- Delete all of your personal documents and downloads.
- Log off from all accounts (e.g., Facebook, email, etc.).
Thank you for your cooperation!
- WESN is not responsible for any lost, misplaced or stolen items.
- Computers may crash, so be sure to save your data or work often.
- WESN is not responsible for any lost or damaged files or data.
- WESN staff and volunteers are not responsible for lost or damaged information if they attempt to assist you with your work.
- Internet connection strength may vary and this is uncontrollable.
- The Computer Lab may be closed on short notice for maintenance, workshops or meetings, etc. We apologize for any inconveniences.