Job Title: Coordinator of Peer Support
Posted Date: 7 June 2022
Closing Date: 28 June 2022
About The West End Seniors’ Network (WESN):
WESN is a registered not-for-profit organization with over 850 members, an annual revenue budget of $1m and 15 full / part time staff. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life of older adults in Vancouver’s West End by providing social, recreational, educational, and supportive programs and services that foster connection and inclusion in the broader community.
We are building a collaborative team of highly motivated individuals who are passionate about WESN’s mandate of having a positive impact on the lives of seniors in Vancouver’s West End.
- Train and supervise volunteer driven peer support groups.
- Lead support groups.
- Establish an outreach program for peer support groups – specifically, hard to reach seniors.
- Monitor funders for grant opportunities.
- Encourage fundraising and marketing / communications activities from Kay’s Place.
- Providing staff and volunteers with the necessary support and resources to conduct their roles to the best of their abilities.
- Represents the Manager of Kay’s Place when required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree in the social sciences, health sciences, counselling or equivalent
- Current full registration with applicable regulatory College or eligibility for registration with an appropriate professional body
- Strong people skills with the ability to lead volunteers
- Knowledge of the needs and issues of seniors
- Strong writing skills
- Strong MS Office tools, social media skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, volunteers and board members
Reports To: Manager of Kay’s Place
Supervises: Multiple Volunteers
Hours: Full time 35 hours per week with some flexibility
Benefits: Health Care, Dental and Vision Care
Location: This is an on-location job, working out of our offices located in the Denman Mall – Kay’s Place, in Vancouver’s West End
Other: Satisfactory completion of a Criminal Record Check
Please send your resume and covering letter to [email protected]