Many older adults live on a fixed or limited income, and they may face challenges when an unanticipated expense occurs.
The WESN Seniors In Need Fund is a donor-based fund that provides limited financial aid to older adults.
You may be eligible to apply if you are:
- 55 years of age or older
- Currently living in the West End, Coal Harbour or Yaletown neighbourhood of Vancouver
The following documents must be included with your application:
- Proof of age and current residence
- Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment for the previous calendar year indicating all sources of income, including government or other pensions as well as investment income
- Bank statement (or copy) for the previous three months
- Rent receipts or statement from your landlord or building manager OR mortgage statement from your bank (if applicable)
- A written description of your request
- An invoice of the estimated cost associated with your request (e.g., a dental estimate that indicates the type and amount of your expense)
After your application has been submitted with all supporting documents, it will be reviewed by a committee in strictest confidence. Please note that we cannot process your application without all requested documents.
WESN also has partnerships with multiple local pharmacies to help offset the costs of prescription medications for older adults registered with (or in the process of registering with) Fair Pharmacare. For more information, please contact our Kay’s Place location at 604-669-7339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This fund is made possible by donors like you. If you would like to donate to the Seniors In Need Fund, please:
Last Updated: 30-Dec-2020