During the COVID-19 pandemic, some older adults may need more assistance to remain safe at home. The West End Seniors’ Network is designated by the Ministry of Health as a COVID-19 Community Response Hub Agency to provide support during these challenging times.
You may be eligible if you are:
- 55 years of age or older
- Currently living in the West End or Coal Harbour neighbourhood of Vancouver (west of Burrard Street to Stanley Park)
If you do not meet these eligibility criteria and require assistance, please call 211 or visit bc211.
Prepared Meal Delivery
- In partnership with Gordon Neighbourhood House and Shift Delivery Co-op, frozen meals are delivered weekly to older adults experiencing financial hardship and/or challenges accessing nutritious food.
- Clients are asked to pay what they can. All donations help ensure we can offer sustainable services to as many clients as possible.
- NOTE: There may be a waitlist for this service.
Prescription Medication Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- Volunteers pick up prescriptions on behalf of a client and deliver to the home.
- This service is provided by donation, and clients are responsible for prescription costs.
For more information, please contact Kari Kesslar (COVID-19 Community Response Hub Manager) at our Barclay Manor location at [email protected] or 604-669-5051 x8.
Last Updated: 26-Oct-2020