More than 800 seniors join the West End Seniors’ Network each year. Seniors can join at any time by dropping in to Kay’s Place or Barclay Manor, or mailing in the application form found in our newsletter and the bottom of this page. Membership is required to participate in our activities and meetings, but is not required to access our services, drop-in for a coffee at our centres, or attend our annual Strawberry Festival.
All seniors and those assisting them are welcome to drop into Kay’s Place, our Information and Referral office located in the Denman Place Mall (1030 Denman Street), to learn about a large number of community services and access a wide range of information and benefits of interest to seniors.
Membership benefits include
- Participation in a variety programs, events and members’ meetings at Barclay Manor, many of which are free.
- An invitation to the member and one friend to attend our Birthday Tea in the month of their birth. (a minimal $2 is charged each person to help offset cost of supplies).
- 25% off regular priced items at our Clothes & Collectibles Thrift Store.
- Access to our computer room, wireless internet, printer and photocopier.
- An opportunity to sit on a WESN advisory committee, the Board of Directors, and/or participate in surveys and dialogue with government and other organizations regarding seniors issues in Vancouver.
- One vote per member voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting.