In this program, three different TED Talks are screened every week. Each screening is hosted by a volunteer and followed by a facilitated discussion in the style of a philosopher’s café.
Room: Piano Room
Please register at 604-669-5051. This program is by donation.
• Judson Brewer – Mindfulness techniques that effectively help quell cravings of all kinds.
• Sarah Kay – Using spoken word poetry to entertain, educate and empower students and teachers worldwide.
• Barry Schwartz – Economics and psychology.
• Brené Brown – Vulnerability, courage, authenticity, and shame.
• Susan Cain – Looking inward is a virtue.
• David Blaine – Bringing the wonderment of magic off the stage and onto the sidewalk.
• Hugh Herr – Building prosthetics that fuse biomechanics with microprocessors.
• Shawn Achor – Positive psychology.
• Simon Sinek – How leaders can inspire cooperation, trust and change.
• Raffaello D’Andrea – Autonomous systems.
• Matt Cutts – Fighting linkspam.
• Amanda Palmer – We shouldn’t fight the fact that digital content is freely shareable.