Hey fellows – need some help kicking the habit? Check out www.men.quitnow.ca for some useful tips and inspiration…and, if you quit between February 1st to 7th, the chance to win $2500.00 cash!!!
Please check out this very interesting initiative in Holland in which students live alongside seniors in ‘retirement’ homes: Read it here.
Volunteers in the city of Vancouver’s civic agencies help connect the city with the community. Volunteers’ ideas make the city richer and more creative in its approach to policy solutions, and their commitment to the city helps to make our community stronger.
The City of Vancouver is currently seeking volunteers from the general public for positions on the following civic agencies:
• Renters Advisory Committee (NEW)
• Active Transportation Policy Council
• Arts and Culture Policy Council
• Children, Youth and Families Advisory Committee
• Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee
• Civic Asset Naming Committee
• Cultural Communities Advisory Committee
• Development Permit Board Advisory Panel
• First Shaughnessy Advisory Design Panel
• Gastown Historic Area Planning Committee
• LGBTQ2+ Advisory Committee
• Persons with Disabilities Advisory Committee
• Public Art Committee
• Seniors’ Advisory Committee
• Urban Aboriginal Peoples’ Advisory Committee
• Urban Design Panel
• Vancouver City Planning Commission
• Vancouver Civic Theatres Board
• Vancouver Food Policy Council
• Vancouver Heritage Commission
• Women’s Advisory Committee
To view the detailed descriptions of each agency, including terms of reference, eligibility requirements and time commitment, and apply online at: vancouver.ca/volunteer.
You must complete an online application form to apply. The deadline to submit an application is 5 pm on Friday, January 30, 2015.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: email@example.com or phone 3-1-1
Please check out this great video at What Feeds Us.