During the past year, TransLink has been reviewing its custom transit services – door-to-door transit services, such as HandyDART, for people with disabilities – to make the service better for customers and to operate more efficiently.
The goal of the Custom Transit Service Review was to develop a sustainable custom transit model that:
- more effectively meets the transportation needs of people with disabilities
- addresses growing demand
- makes best use of available resources
- keeps pace with custom transit best practices
Click Custom Transit Service Review Stakeholder Consultation Report June 2014 to access a pdf file of the final report, or click here to find the report and related information.
Vancouver residents concerned about affordable housing can attend an election debate on Thursday, October 23rd from 7-9pm at UBC Robson Square. Organized by the Vancouver Sun and UBC, the debate will feature a council candidate from each major party: Geoff Meggs (Vision), Ian Robertson (NPA), Adriane Carr (Green), Lisa Barrett (COPE) and Glen Chernen (Cedar Party).
The debate will be live-streamed on vancouversun.com
Highlights this month include:
- Join us for our first Thanksgiving Luncheon, with all of the trimmings!
- Important announcement about Membership Renewals
- Financial Wellness Clinics are back this month! Join Tracy and her team for an informative talk about Guaranteed Income – products vs. benefits.
- Reality Check for Seniors editorial by WESTA
“After the keen still days of September, the October sun filled the world with mellow warmth…”
-Elizabeth George Speare
To celebrate this day, the Vancouver Public Library has partnered with the city of Vancouver’s Seniors Advisory Committee to host an all-day seniors fair at the library’s Central Branch (350 West Georgia) from 11am-4pm. WESN and other community organizations will be there.